Empower Martial Fitness Kickboxing
This course is approved for the following continuing education credits/units:
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “American Academy of Health and Fitness” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from December 2017 – December 2020. Providership # 817430
Pricing and Format Options For This Program:
Electronic Format: $199.00 New Program!
- Course Objectives
- Course Materials
- Table of Contents
- Return Policy
- Additional Information
Kickboxing fitness a workout program that utilizes training techniques, movements and combinations of movements from boxing, karate, kickboxing, and self defense training. The Empower Martial Fitness Kickboxing course provides the information and instructional tools required to assist a fitness instructor in the development of safe and effective kickboxing fitness classes. The versatility and flexibility of this program allows the experienced fitness professional to develop an exercise regimen tailored to the demands and expectations of almost any target audience.
This continuing education home study course is offered to you in a distance-learning format. The goal of Empower Martial Fitness Kickboxing is to provide a solid base of knowledge for the development of safe and effective classes. Information and instructional tools required to properly teach movements and techniques are provided for the prospective instructor. The ultimate goal is to provide instructors with the knowledge and skills required to lead safe workouts in which each movement is utilized to the fullest extent to positively stress the body and achieve the desired exercise program objectives… a motivating, safe and effective exercise routine.
Certified health and fitness professionals holding more than one certification may obtain CECs/CEUS for all approved certification organizations (see list above) for which they need continuing education at no additional cost.
- Specify and clarify the difference between competitive (sport) kickboxing and kickboxing fitness.
- Explain the benefits associated with participation in a kickboxing fitness program.
- Learn to explain, demonstrate, and instruct the safe and proper execution of body position and body strikes.
- Identify the primary joint movements involved in each action phase of the techniques.
- Include lower body action into upper body striking movements and describe the benefits achieved.
- Discuss safety concerns associated with each movement and technique described in the course.
- Provide information about technique execution modifications that can be used for certain situations and environments where injury potential may be high.
- Develop an understanding of the concept of beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of participation, as related to both skill and conditioning of individual participants and understand methods to adjust activity intensity to meet the needs of the participants.
- Create an understanding of the important concepts and factors that influence kickboxing fitness.
- Identify important instructional techniques, related to; 1. Progression of Skills, 2. Music, 3. CueingDevelop a clear understanding of how to evaluate, plan the use of, and use kickboxing training equipment in classes and programs.
- Describe the basic equipment characteristics that influence the safe and proper use in an exercise class environment.
- Identify desired kickboxing fitness instructor qualifications.
- Provide a guideline to use when evaluating potential instructor training resources.
- Plan basic choreography utilizing individual and basic combinations of the techniques and
movements described within this course.
- Discuss the basic concepts and factors, related to choreography, which influence the
establishment of class and program goals, objectives, and format design.
- Explain/physically demonstrate, and instruct the choreography patterns described in the course.
- Understand and explain the various training goals associated with the workout.
- Be aware of and understand the factors affecting choreography instruction.
- Be able to create basic choreography patterns utilizing the concepts described
within this training volume.
- Teach proper execution of various skills, drills and workout routines that could be included in a
kickboxing/MMA fitness training session or class.
Electronic format – The Empower Martial Fitness Kickboxing certificate package with online test includes the PDF version of the 339-page Empower Martial Fitness Kickboxing manual by Tim Rochford and a 44-page workbook provided in PDF format. Also included is access to over four hours of insrtuctional video. Note: This course package is made available for immediate access and download after purchase. All materials are available electronically. Nothing is mailed.
Table of Contents
- Overview – History
- Kickboxing/MMA – Competitive Sport Vs. Fitness Program
- Prevalence / Growth
The Starting Position – The Fighter’s Stance
Upper Body Strikes
- Palm Heel
- Elbow Strikes
- Hammer Fist
Lower Body Strikes
- Front Kick
- Side Kick
- Roundhouse Kick
- Crescent Kick
- Back Kick
- Bob and Weave
Hand Wraps vs. Training Gloves
Focus Pad Training
Heavy Bag Training
Body Shield Training
Jump Rope Training
Double-Ended Ball Training
Swiss Ball and Medicine Ball Training
Skills, Drills and Workout Routines
Kickboxing/MMA Fitness Workouts
- Technique Drills
- Skill Drills
- Heavy Bag Drills
- Focus Pad Drills
- Medicine Ball Drills
Introducing Elastic Resistance Tubing to Your Workouts
- Elastic Resistance Tubing Drills
FitStrike video– Drill Descriptions
Appendix A – Circuit Training Formats
Appendix B – Anatomy & Kinesiology Reference
Appendix C – Intensity Monitoring
Appendix D – Choreography & Drill Combinations
Appendix E – Progressive Teaching Sample Plans
Appendix F – Training Equipment
Appendix G – Hand Wrapping
Appendix H – Introduction to Workout Routine Examples
If you’re not completely satisfied with your prepaid purchase, contact AAHF at 800.957.7348 to discuss a return. The return must be within 30 days of the date of receipt of your shipment. Study materials and educational resources must be received in original condition. All return shipments must be sent via USPS Priority Mail for tracking purposes to 7205 Sampal Place, Springfield, Virginia 22152. Upon receipt of the returned materials, the American Academy of Health and Fitness (AAHF) will refund full credit, excluding shipping/handling. Credit will be applied to the appropriate credit card via PayPal. We do not accept returns on online products, e-books, videos, CD/DVD-ROMs, and DVDs.
The American Academy of Health and Fitness reserves the right to discontinue the sale and/or support of any of its continuing education courses. Notification of such will be given six months prior to discontinuance to allow for course completion and testing. No refund will be given for courses that are discontinued.
Different professional organizations offer continuing education credits, most commonly called CECs (continuing education credits) and CEUs (continuing education units). Most CECs/CEUs require one contact hour of professional activity for one credit. Example conversions are: ACE, NSCA and NASM: 0.1 = 1.0 contact hour; ACSM, BOC, ISSA, WITS and YMCA: 1.0 = 1.0 contact hour.